Helpful Dishwasher Tips
Suggestions for cleaning dishes in a dishwasher.
1. Water temperature in dishwasher must be at least 140 degrees.
2. Use less detergent with soft water.
3. Increase detergent with hard water.
4. Old detergent will not dissolve and will sandblast dishes or glasses.
5. The lower the quality of the glass, the more etching that will occur.
6. You need the proper amount of water to do the job right.
The water level in most dishwashers should be just above the heater.
When using the dishwasher always prime the water into the sink to be sure it is hot. This can do two things for you. It will allow you to flush the garbage disposal and make sure the water is over 140 degrees. Water has to surpass 140 degrees to correctly dissolve soap and also dissolve animal fats. Your dishes will come out cleaner and if you run an empty dishwasher with some CLR cleaner every 6 months the inside of the pump will last longer saving upwards of $140 over the life of the dishwasher.
........troubleshooting.............AND MUCH MORE!